Sunday 23 March 2014

fabric of the fields.......

Welcome to my new blog! 

Yesterday I was in West Burton in Yorkshire, circle dancing with lovely teacher Sophia Hatch with thirty nine gorgeous dancing women and one man!

Last year when I went to the same event I visited the Fabric of the Field gallery www.fabricofthefield.co.uk in the village and bought myself a beautiful silver ivy necklace and earrings made by silversmith Samantha Birch.

The gallery is a light, tiny space, full of wonderful handcrafted wares and Cathy, it's owner, when she's not delivering lambs in the middle of the night, sits at her loom weaving subtle coloured fabric.

I called and showed Cathy some of my work, taking small, colourful pieces which I thought might fit into the gallery and she chose these two 'Peony' pieces for the gallery and I am going to send her some recent 'Land' pieces, which will be mounted and ready to pop into an Ikea frame.

Thank you for calling by.





No comments:

Post a Comment